Performance Team at Studio 5•6•7•8 Inc.
Is your dancer looking for something beyond their weekly class?
Do they want to perform more than just at the annual recital?
Do they want to take their dance training to the next level and be part of something unique to Brantford?
Our Performance Team (PT) might be just what they’re looking for!
The purpose of the PT is to provide dancers in our recreational program the chance to grow and expand their dance training through performances in recitals, community events and have the opportunity to experience 1 competition. There is a strong focus on community performance and building studio awareness in the Brantford community.
How do I know if I qualify?
• The Performance Team is open to students age 6 and up enrolled in any recreational class(es) at Studio 5•6•7•8
• Everyone must audition and be selected to be part of the Performance Team.
• You must have a minimum of 1 year of dance training in any genre.
• You MUST make the commitment until October 2024.
• You MUST commit to your regular weekly class(es) as well as weekend rehearsals with the PT in the new year (schedule will follow after acceptance)
Cost in addition to your tuition…
Audition fee of $25 non-refundable, due at the time of booking.
Performance Team Fee
$599.00 Plus HST = $676.87
($356.87 due December 15th 2023, final payment of $320.00 due Feb 15th 2024)
Additional Costume fees will be invoiced in the new year after the ordering process is complete.
Auditions are held at the studio each year in November and the selection process will be conducted by a panel of Studio 5•6•7•8 staff.
Studio 5•6•7•8 will have 2 Performance Teams each season:
Blue Performance Team (BPT) – age 6 +
Green Performance Team (GPT) – age 10 +
Each team is made up of 6 – 15 dancers who will perform Acrobatic, Hip Hop and/or Jazz styles of dance at various events. A variety of routines are created including large groups and small groups as determined by the teachers. Groups will vary from year to year based on the students on the team. No solo performances are involved in our PT program.
All PT members must re-audition for a spot on the team each year.
View some examples of our past performances: